Image thumbnails NOT updated after editing an image

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Image thumbnails NOT updated after editing an image

Postby Arwin » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:28 pm

Smart Photo Editor does not always update the thumbnail correct when editing a image, still can't see in what circumstances this happend but I did stumbled upon it in the past and now I see the same problem in THE CARD WORKSHOP resources Andrew has created.
Not sure it has to do with a exif update after editing, as suggestions go all directions on the internet, but none are concrete, same goes to a proper solution to fix it.

As it is very troublesome when working with the resource kit of Andrews THE CARD WORKSHOP (you're not able to see the right preview (all thumbnails are equal)), I thought to dig in a bit to see at least the right thumbnails, I even think I found a solution as it works for me on a Windows 7 system.

Wrong thumbnails
Wrong thumbnails.jpg
Wrong thumbnails.jpg (258.67 KiB) Viewed 2927 times

Correct thumbnails
Right thumbnails.jpg
Right thumbnails.jpg (287.49 KiB) Viewed 2927 times

My solution to see the right thumbnails in windows explorer.

Right click in the folder that contains the images
Select View and change the current icon size to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons")
Now select all images you want to update and Right Click one of the images
Select Rotate Left and wait till it's done..

Right click again in the folder that contains the images
Select View and change the current icon size to another size (in this case: "Large-Icons" to "Medium-Icons" as we do a reverse process of the first icon resize)
Now select again all images you want to update and Right Click one of the images
Select Rotate Right and wait till it's done..

This should have updated the windows thumbnail cache correct!

Hope this will help others as I have seen the question a lot ;)

Arwin
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Return to Bugs