Stopped Working

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Re: Stopped Working

Postby Cliffy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:27 pm

Running 64bit version, nvidia ge-force graphics card. Running other demanding programs such as solidworks, keyshot, photoshop, 3ds, various others, with no problems. Quite a few posts here for various glitches, must be a common factor somewhere!! Does'nt happen often, once so far as i'm a newbie, so hopefully i can determine what chain of events caused it the next time. Great piece of software, have recommended it to the local camera club. :D :D

Postby anjeln777 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:17 pm

godon wrote:I have a Windows 8 Pro 64-bit operating system with 32MB of memory. The Smart Photo software shouldn't be crashing so much. I find that if I am in the program making various changes, the program will just stop and tells me to quit the program. I've learned to save my work often, but that can be an added hassle. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have the same problem. I really like the program and I am thinking about buying it, but this is one of the things that is stopping me from buying.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:52 am

Hi,

I don't suppose there's anything in particular you are doing when it crashes? The vast majority of our users do find the software very stable, so it's tricky to work out what might be causing you issues. It's worth knowing that the software autosaves quite often, and will load up the last autosaved state if you start it again after a crash. If you read down this thread, another user seems to have found a problem that stems from some corrupt file with internet explorer. I don't know if that helps.

Tony

Postby dcejnowa » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:20 am

I just purchased the full program and have found that it stops working often. The trial version did the same. I have a 64 bit system running vista and 6 gb memory. Seems to happen while browsing the gallery. This is great program and needs to be made more stable.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:49 am

Hi,

I'm not sure why it might be unstable on your system, the majority of our users don't seem to have any stability problems. A couple of thoughts: are you running the 64 bit version of SPE? You will have had two downloads to choose from when downloading, one of which is the 64bit version. Another problem some customers have had in the past is their library of effects gets corrupted. One possibility is to delete it and let SPE download it again: You could try going into: C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\PhotoEditor and deleting the global directory then restarting the software.

Let me know if they don't work.

Tony

Postby hollymeadphotography » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:10 am

My computer installed automatic updates last night and now I can't use the program. It keeps telling me it needs the activation code, but won't let me use the original code I was given. I tried to uninstall and then re-install the program, but it still won't take the activation code. I sent a support ticket & am hoping it won't take long to get an answer.
Holly

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:28 am

Yes, if your activation token stops working, then the quickest is to open a support ticket.

Tony

Postby Yulius_pl » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:58 am

i have problem, if i clik effeck galery

Photo editor has stopped working.... and msg display

" A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available
close program"

Application: Smart Photo Editor (32-bit)
Edition: Standard
Product code: PE-F-en-v1.20.6 / ZRaw-v1.6
Fingerprint: V1K66M72UPBSU6MJJSB9LSCP
Platform: Windows
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate |C:\Windows|\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2 32-bit (6.1.7601) Service Pack 1
Language: 1033
Computer Name: YULIUS

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:43 am

Hi Yulius,

Does it happen every time you click the effect gallery? I can see you are running the 32bit version which can run out of memory sometimes with several complex effects on large pictures. It shouldn't be a problem with the first time you go into the gallery. If somehow the library has become corrupt you could try going into: C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\PhotoEditor and deleting the global directory then restarting the software. It will then download the library again from scratch when you next go into the gallery.

Tony

Previous

Return to Bugs