Confirm for 2nd time or more

Please let us know of absolutely anything you think is missing from Smart Photo Editor.

Confirm for 2nd time or more

Postby Phelon » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:17 pm

I noticed using the tutorial on changing effects, that when you confirm a particular effect and then see a new set of effects and use the Gallery View and choose another effect that you cannot click on the effect and have it open in a large view. It does open to the left of the effect a window allowing you to do some manipulation including confirm. At this point and any time you repeatedly added a new effect, it would be better to click or double-click to open in a large view so one can see the effect and a better look at it.

Not only is the tutorial where this happens, but also on one's own images.

Phelon

Re: Confirm for 2nd time or more

Postby Phelon » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:27 pm

Program worked properly when I went back to my tutorial and adding additional effects. I guess it was my computer memory catching up? I can only say that I was trying for some time to open a new effect in a larger view. After I posted my Feature Request and went back to work on same project, it worked fine. I do keep my iMac up-to-date, so I'm at a loss to understand what was happening....

Phelon

Postby Phelon » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:33 am

In continuing to work with attempting to add more effects, SPE seems erratic in that adding a new effect from the Effects Gallery the clicking or double-clicking on the effect doesn't always open it into a larger view. It seems to work better if I can get a larger view and select a new or different effect from the effects shown at the top of the screen; the smaller effect pictures are unacceptable, however, to really see just what the effect does--so would like it to open up to a larger picture.

Either my computer is erratic or the program is, and I think it's worth looking into. Thanks.

Phelon

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:35 pm

Hi Phelon,

I think I know what you are talking about: sometimes the effect doesn't maximise when you click on it in the gallery? I can't reproduce this problem personally, but we're thinking of tweaking the way that the gallery works anyway, so that it is always in grid view when you go into it, which might fix the problem.

Tony

Postby Phelon » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:38 pm

Hi Tony,

I want to add that I work with the Mac version of SPE. Correcting this apparent problem will be a big plus since it stops one from continuing to work further on that image. I used to go to the PC version to upload my pictures to Show Us Your Results, but that was nicely corrected in the Mac version, so maybe this will be, too.

Have a great week!

Phelon

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:34 am

Hi Phelon,

As a workaround for the moment you can always switch between detail view and grid view by selecting "Detail View" or "Grid View" from the view menu.

Tony

Postby Phelon » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi Tony,

I learn something with SPE everyday. I hadn't used the View selection in the upper menu before. That does help to choose between the Detail and Gallery view, but I know you'll improve the workflow.

Phelon

Return to Feature Requests