Show My Results

Please let us know of absolutely anything you think is missing from Smart Photo Editor.

Show My Results

Postby brotherman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:00 pm

Maybe I'm just clueless but as much as I would like to show off my stuff, I can't figure out how to upload 2 files. Maybe they're too big but I don't know how to reduce them in SPE or anywhere else and upload and send. There are parts of this app that I use a lot and I know a lot better.

HELP!!!

Brotherman

ArjunAnthroQA

Re: Show My Results

Postby ArjunAnthroQA » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:19 pm

Hi brotherman,

Normally the steps are as follows:

1. Create a thread in Show your Results by clicking on Post a New discussion.
2. In the Message editor go to the bottom under the Save/Preview/Submit buttons and Click on Upload Attachment.
3. Click Choose file, select a file and then click Add the File.
4. Then Submit.

If that's not working, can you tell us the filetype you're uploading, as well as the size of the image in MB.

Apologies if it seems like I'm repeating what you're already doing.

Arjun

Postby brotherman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Arjun,

Thanks for the come back but what you suggest is just what I'm doing now. When I do I get a big red bar that says my uploads are too big to process and the whole thing shuts down. Apparently there is a max size of 2mb and my shots are way bigger. (14mb) What do you think now?

Brotherman

ArjunAnthroQA

Postby ArjunAnthroQA » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:36 pm

Hi brotherman,

Thanks for getting back to me with that info. 14MB does sound pretty big for the forum. We're not sure whether increasing the file size limit to 14MB is viable right now, as it could very quickly fill the board quota. Would it be possible for you to reduce the size of the images? Sorry that I can't provide an immediate fix. I'll bring up the issue and see if there's a way we can expand the overall quota so that these upload problems don't keep occurring.

Once again apologies that I can't increase the limit for you right now.

Arjun

Postby brotherman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:04 pm

Arjun,

This brings up another question. I know that Windows Picture and Fax Viewer will reduce some photos for attaching to email. However. is there a way to do this function at my size discretion available at SPE? If so, where. And excuse my cluelessness if there is but I need to do this a lot.

Brotherman

Postby brotherman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:11 pm

Arjun,

PS, btw of course 14mb is too much!! That's why I ask

Brotherman (one of my best friends called me that after someone thought he was my brother)

Postby Phelon » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:31 pm

Hi Brotherman,

To reduce your files for uploading here, I use Photoshop CS6, go to File (top left), go down to Save for Web, then on the Size showing for your file highlight the longest side and change the size to 1200 to 1350. Click Preview to see it, cancel it, then go Save and give your smaller file a new name--I add on Resize.

Don't know about earlier versions of PS or PS Elements.

Phelon

Postby brotherman » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:03 am

Well, yes I did find the resize function in SPE and yes I do feel very foolish. Were it a snake it would have bitten me some time ago. In SPE just go to Save as jpeg, tiff, or png and choose the size you want, hidden behind the 'original size' button. It's actually hard to miss but not for me apparently. Now you don't have to go to Photoshop.

Brotherman

Postby Phelon » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:52 am

Thanks Brotherman, I haven't seen that either. Another surprise how good this program is!

Phelon

Return to Feature Requests