Composite images

Please let us know of absolutely anything you think is missing from Smart Photo Editor.

Composite images

Postby WPN858 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:34 am

Is there a way I can change the size of a person when adding a new background to suit the scale of that background?

Re: Composite images

Postby eadams » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:00 am

I have never really done any serious compositing with this program, so I am certainly not an expert. However, I just tried something out that seemed to work.

1. I loaded the image that I want to be the background with File- Open
2. In the File menu I selected "Add Overlay" and selected the image of the people I want to appear on the background (I will call this the "People Pic".)
3. On the left-hand side of the screen the Composite panel appears.
4. I used the "Erase from Selection" brush in the Composite panel to erase the background in the People Pic, leaving the people on the desired background.
5. If the people are too big or too small for the new background, they can be resized to fit better. At the top of the Composite Panel there is a button labeled "Move Rotate and Scale". Clicking on that makes little handles appear in the corners of the People Pic. You can drag those handles with the mouse to make the people bigger or smaller. In the center there will be a circle. You can rotate the people by dragging up or down on the circle edge.

I hope this works for you.

EDIT: By the way, I just realized that you may not be using a background from your computer, but a "Background Effect" in the program.

In this case, I would load any image on my PC that is the right size and turn it into the desired background by applying the background effect you want to it.
1. Load any image of desired size
2. Click on Select Area Tool
3. Click on Background
4. In the left of the screen the Selecting Area panel appears
5. Use the Add to Selection brush to select the entire image
6. Click on Confirm Selection and Browse Effects Tool. You will only be shown Background Effects in the Effects Gallery. Select the desired Effect and apply it to your image.
At this point your entire image has the background of one of the backgrounds available in the program. You can further edit this if you want. When you are satisfied with the background, you can add your people to it as described above starting with step 2. (Add Overlay).

Return to Feature Requests