Can I edit my RAW pictures ,how

Please let us know of absolutely anything you think is missing from Smart Photo Editor.

Can I edit my RAW pictures ,how

Postby ejrosario » Wed May 25, 2016 2:31 am

Can I edit my RAW pictures and how ?

Re: Can I edit my RAW pictures ,how

Postby eadams » Wed May 25, 2016 8:28 am

Smart Photo Editor supports a number of RAW formats. You can find the information here: https://www.smartphotoeditor.com/support/?qid=18

Just open the file, edit it and save it as a .jpg, .tif or .PNG file.

Alternatively, if you have the studio version of Smart Photo Editor, you can open your RAW files in Photoshop or Lightroom and access SPE as a plugin within those programs. If you don't yet have SPE, it is a good idea to download the free trial version to try it out with your workflow.

Postby Richard Briggs » Wed May 25, 2016 9:22 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but although SPE will open a RAW file for editing (presumably for supported RAW formats) you can only save in jpeg or tiff etc (i.e. not RAW). That is the changes are not recorded in the RAW file. Also, not sure you can equate SPE with, for example, Adobe Raw Editor.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed May 25, 2016 9:27 am

Although you can't save your changes in a RAW file format (I think that's part of the point, manufacturers provide ways of reading RAW but not writing RAW because it's meant to represent an unedited dump from the camera), if you save as a 16bit tiff, it has all the same pixel information in it as a RAW file.

Tony

Return to Feature Requests