Not happy

Please let us know of absolutely anything you think is missing from Smart Photo Editor.

Not happy

Postby lizziek57 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:41 pm

Right now I am not happy. I can not get the photos to resize and everything is printing shifted over so it does not even go on the 4x6 photo page. I was unhappy enough that I had to buy a program. Used to be that when you bought a new printer you got a nice photo app too. Guess those days are gone.

Re: Not happy

Postby eadams » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:27 am

Smart Photo Editor is unmatched (in my opinion) as a tool to quickly enhance a photo, give it a different style, frame, and, yes, resize it for various purposes. When I post a photo here or in other forums, I always use the Save As function in SPE and use one of the presets to resize them at half-size or quarter-size. For images that have to be posted online at a specific size, I use the Export Size option in the Save As dialogue box to manually enter the pixel size of the image I want to export.

The program is not intended to be specialized in the final printing of photos. I quote:
The printing in Smart Photo Editor is really for draft printing. For more specific printing I would suggest a free piece of software more printing oriented such as Irfanview.

http://photoeditor.anthropics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3129&p=10255&hilit=printing#p10255

For using SPE for the purposes of printing photos, the ideal workflow is:
* Use the Studio Version as a plug-in from within another application like Photoshop or Photoshop Elements and then print the final photo from that application or
* Edit the photo in Smart Photo Editor, save as a .jpg, .Tiff or .Png file and re-open that saved file in an imaging application like Irfanview, Photoshop or Photoshop Elements and print it from there.

If you bought the program with the wrong expectations, it is understandable that you are unhappy. However, if you take the time to familiarize yourself with it and use it in conjunction with another program to do final printing, I think you will find that your money was well spent, and your photos will have a quality that you would never have been able to achieve otherwise.

Postby DennB » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:21 pm

Very well stated!

Postby HABIBO » Thu May 12, 2016 7:02 am

DennB wrote:Very well stated!

Postby Richard Briggs » Thu May 12, 2016 8:18 am

Why would anyone EXPECT to get anything free in life?

Return to Feature Requests