Please give me a chance to apply effect

Please let us know of absolutely anything you think is missing from Smart Photo Editor.

Please give me a chance to apply effect

Postby eadams » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:42 pm

This is a request using SPE as a plugin from Photoshop.

I try out various effects by clicking on them to see what they look like at 100%. When I finally find the effect that looks perfect, I often forget that I am viewing a preview and click FILE - Save and Close without confirming that I want to really apply the effect by clicking on the OK button. When I do this I get a message saying

"You are bowsing effects. You need to select an effect and click OK before you can save."

So far so good.

Desired behavior:
When I close the above message box I would like to have an opportunity to click OK to apply the effect and then save the result via FILE - Save and Close

Actual behavior:
When I close the above message box, SPE closes and I am back in Photoshop without having applied any effect. I have to start the SPE plugin again and start looking for the effect again.

In cases where I apply more than one effect to an image, forgetting only to click OK for the last effect, I get the same error message but when I close the message, SPE has not shut down.

Site Admin

Re: Please give me a chance to apply effect

Postby admin » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:34 am

Hi Eadams,

Thanks for your feedback, I think what you suggest sounds sensible. I've put it in our issue tracking system.

Kind regards

Tony

Return to Feature Requests