Opacity slider for a Mask !

Please let us know of absolutely anything you think is missing from Smart Photo Editor.

Opacity slider for a Mask !

Postby Pierre Major » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:00 am

Why isn't there an opacity slider for creating a mask ?
Sometimes, I just want to take off a certain percentage of the Mask and keep partially the effect... it is impossible !
It is : " Full effect " or nothing at all !
That would be a great feature.

Site Admin

Re: Opacity slider for a Mask !

Postby admin » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:46 am

Dear Pierre,

I think there's two things you might be talking about:

A lot of effects have a Master Fade slider that allows you to fade the effect in and out. You have to click on the effect picture in the list at the top to get out of masking and back to the effect sliders.

If you want to gradually reduce an effect in a certain area, use the airbrush tool, which has an opacity slider. (The opacity slider actually affects the two other brushes, but it is hidden as the other brushes work less well when the opacity is turned down).

Let me know if I can clarify anything.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby Pierre Major » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:45 pm

Hi Tony,

On some software, you have : " Multiple Masks " that have different functions and each of them has an : " Opacity slider ".
This is a very practical feature that saves you a lot of time.

You don't have to go in a different menu, it is right there when you select your effect.
I think that this would be a very nice feature.

Postby Richard Briggs » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:31 am

Hi,

I'm with Tony on this. I pretty much always find effects too 'over the top' and the easiest way is to select the effect from the set you have applied (top right hand corner) and, from the various effect parameters, adjust the Master Fade or, in some cases, Merge works better. Some basic effects don't have either in which case you are stuffed. And that's why you may want an 'independent' layer fade control. But I have rarely found this to be needed.

If you look under the 'Show Us Your Results' forum and then 'Winter In The UK' near the top of the list you'll see an example where I faded the Grunge Migliarese effect way down to achieve what I wanted.

Richard

Postby Pierre Major » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:32 pm

Hi Richard,

I know what you mean, but sometimes you want the : " Full effect " everywhere, but only 40% on the face or on the : " Main character ".
Instead of creating an area, then changing the effect, don't you think that it would be easier to have it right next to the mask.
For example, look at : " Pixelmator, Photo 10, Intensify, etc...

Thanks for the quick response !

Return to Feature Requests