Proper Undo

Please let us know of absolutely anything you think is missing from Smart Photo Editor.

Proper Undo

Postby GT-Force » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:20 am

Hi,

There are two time-consuming steps in using this program: Masking and browsing.

I already posted that browsing needs to be improved significantly.

Now, I've found out that if I apply an effect and undo it, it goes back to the original image, instead of the effects browser which was the real last step used, and gets rid of the mask in the undo process, too. Wow! I loose my mask that I spend so much time perfecting when I undo? Why?

Please fix the undo, so that, when I undo, it really goes only one step back where I exactly was.

thank you.

Site Admin

Re: Proper Undo

Postby admin » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:58 am

Hi GT-Force,

Sorry it's confusing. When you undo applying an effect, it just undos applying the effect. Your mask is still available. Hover over the Effects Gallery button, and you will see your mask appears as a button, which you can click and then browse more effects using that mask that you previously perfected.

Kind regards,

Tony

Postby GT-Force » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:43 am

Sounds like you have not used this software, or we are using completely different versions, because that is not what happens. If I apply an effect and undo, I end up reverting to the original image as if I just opened it.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:06 am

That's right, if you undo applying an effect on an area the effect will go, and you will see the original image. However, if you then hover over the effects gallery button, in the pop out panel (which you have to have enabled in the settings panel under "Descriptions for tools on right"), it will say "Show Effects for" and underneath that a button with the name of your area. Press the button and you can re-use your area.

I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like just after I pressed Undo and hovered over the Effects Gallery button.

Let me know if you still can't get it to work.

Kind regards,

Tony
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (539.38 KiB) Viewed 4415 times

Return to Feature Requests