Browsing, shortlisting and bookmarking

Please let us know of absolutely anything you think is missing from Smart Photo Editor.

Browsing, shortlisting and bookmarking

Postby GT-Force » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:57 am

Hi,

Today, I about had it with this program. If I cannot manage the effects easily, having hundreds of effects becomes not a plus but a burden.

I already posted a request about improved shortlisting, but now I've found out that the Favorites I picked are now lost after I closed and reopened the program, together with the recent list. Really? Do I really need to go through hundreds of effects every single session to find just a few I like?

If these were not enough, I had to wait for minutes between clicking things, as the program was working at a crawling speed for some reason, so most of my time was wasted by looking at the BUSY mouse icon of Windows instead of getting things done. If I was a professional working with a client, I am sure I would have lost that client. This is not acceptable!

So, please improve the stability, make shortlisting persistent during a session and Favorites permanent between sessions.

Regards.

Site Admin

Re: Browsing, shortlisting and bookmarking

Postby admin » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:08 am

Dear Gt-Force

Really sorry the software is causing you trouble. The recent and favourite effects aren't normally lost after closing and opening the program. They are stored in the system registry where programs usually store their settings. There are several reasons why registry settings might be wiped that are out of our control, but it's hard to tell what caused it in this situation. If it keeps happening, could you open a support ticket and our support team will try and work out why it's happening for you.

Regarding it slowing down, there are several reasons why a computer might slow down due to other software running in the background. The one places I know of where SPE can be slow are on saving certain types of effect that include de-noising as that is a very CPU intensive operation, or using lots of complex effects together. If you want to do lots of edits to your picture, you could try saving it as a tiff part of the way through, then starting again with that tiff (tiff is lossless, so you don't loose any quality). If you are using large pictures with lots of effects, using the 64bit version of the software can make a difference to how fast it is.

Kind regards,

Tony

Return to Feature Requests