The big feature request discussion

Please let us know of absolutely anything you think is missing from Smart Photo Editor.

The big feature request discussion

Postby Tony » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:54 am

Hi everyone,

What I thought would be useful is trying to generate a nice big list of important features that we could work on and then once we've got enough, I can create a poll so everyone gets a chance to vote on which features they think are important. This is for largish features; things like being able to turn off the animated rectangles are quick enough that I can just squeeze them in between other things. We've internally got a few things we think might be important, so I'll kick off with them, and anyone reply with other things they'd like to see.

+ Crop, rotate etc tools that are separate from the gallery
+ The ability to remove objects from a scene like telephone wires or unwanted street furniture
+ Some sort of photo organisation tools
+ When replacing skies (choose apply effect to an area then select the sky and you'll see what I mean), the ability to move the replacement sky around.
+ More control over the effects
+ Getting the system to learn your own individual style.
+ Show all the effects from a particular user
+ Quick access to your favorite effects (like recent effects, but you get to choose)
+ More social networking features, like being able to comment on particular effects, or send messages to users.

Some specific effects (please let us know what)

Tony

Re: The big feature request discussion

Postby loosemoosedave » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:19 am

Photo organisation/Library tool would be great - especially if the effects were stored in a non-destructive manner.

Lens effects? Fish eye...

cellbased Lattice/liquify tool (i don't actually use this on my photos...but it could be good for Van Gogh effects?)

dare I say proper lens flares?

Ability to add grain.

Social stuff - Searching for filters via username,effect request board (integrate into program-could be useless?)

Postby loosemoosedave » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:11 pm

I know! GPU rendering...

Postby Tony » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:14 pm

Here's some more ideas:

+ Motion blur removal
+ Being able to use the brushes to remove the effect directly in the gallery instead of pressing "Apply Effect To Area"
+ Colour harmonisation (it takes your photo and makes the colours compliment each other nicely, so perhaps a greener sea would work better with that colour of sand, etc).
+ Multiple effect stacks: So you can try a few sets of effects and A/B/C them. Also it would allow an "Apply All" button in the shortlist view, which would apply all of your shortlisted effects into separate stacks.
+ Community help on choosing which effect is the best one: You upload different versions of a photo to our server and everyone in the community can vote on which they prefer. It might be quite fun to do the voting. Like a "hot or not" for photographic effects.

Postby Tom Prebelich2 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:07 pm

When using textures I would like to blur out area's instead of erasing them. By bluring out you maintain the tone of the texture/overlay which looks much better then erasing-in most cases.

Postby Tom Prebelich2 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:15 pm

A revert to default button in the Effects window. After sliding adjustments and trying different things I would like to have the ability to revert back to the default setting.

Postby Tom Prebelich2 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:17 pm

+1 for GPU. Faster rendering.

Postby MJP » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:58 pm

What about printing? I've just got to the point where I want to print something and I can't find a Print facility. Is it hiding somewhere?

Postby MJP » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:07 pm

I can't find any image sizing/optimisation.

Postby Tony » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:08 pm

No printing yet, I'm afraid. We will of course add this. Image sizing can be done in advanced mode. Is this for putting pictures on a web page?

Next

Return to Feature Requests