The big feature request discussion

Please let us know of absolutely anything you think is missing from Smart Photo Editor.
Site Admin

Re: The big feature request discussion

Postby admin » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:14 am

Hi Rose,

If you are looking for a portrait specific editor, I recommend you look at http://PortraitProfessional.com, another product we develop, aimed specifically at portraits.

Tony

Postby Rose231960 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:42 pm

thanks if I download the trial version with it mess with my paid version here?

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:10 am

Hi Rose,

For both our products, the trial version and the full version can be installed on the same machine with no problems.

Tony

Postby JCstudios » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:01 am

HELLO IS ANYONE THERE???????????????????????????????????????????

I AM STILL WAITING FOR YOUR GUYS TO ALLOW ACTIVATION despite sending a good few notes.....................................FUMING HERE.......The worst support I have ever had the misfortune to deal with...........Microsoft's support is brilliant and perhaps you guys need to look into yours and address it as URGENT...........................

Postby warriormom » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:34 pm

i don't know if this is actually a feature request because i don't know feature you would add to fix this problem. it would be great if you could somehow link photoshop and SPE for the simple fact that when i process images in SPE the file becomes smaller and the image quality is completely unusable on my virtual tour software. the pictures look awful if i edit them in SPe. i am so sad about this as i have just edited 70 pictures and now have to go back and do all the same edits all over again in photoshop because these are unusable. maybe there is a setting or something i am missing, but i notice when i load a photo into spe that is 4.77 mb, even if i make no adjustments, and save it as large as possible, the photo loses .30 mb of information. not good, apparently, as this .30 mb of info renders this program useless for my purposes. so bummed.

ArjunAnthroQA

Postby ArjunAnthroQA » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:31 am

Hi warriormom,

We're looking into the possibility of using Smart Photo Editor as a plugin to Photoshop. However, can you please provide some info into the problem that you've been experiencing with the image quality? Smart Photo Editor will save the image in the most efficient way possible and will try and save on space. However, this is not done by degrading the image quality. When you save your image out does it definitely appear at a lower quality to the original image? If so can you please send me a before and after so that I can reproduce it and pass on the issues to the developers to fix? Can you send this example to support1234@anthropics.com and mark it for Arjun. I'll then take a look and address it as soon as possible.

Arjun

Postby Docj » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:02 pm

New customer. So the first thing i wanted to do was edit about 10 recent pics. what was troubling was opening ea one from a folder, edit, save then again. I would like to be able to place a gallery of working photos and drag ea one to be modified. then save the whole batch. that way if i find a better effect i can reapply the modifications. Additionally I thought it would be nice to save image treatment sliders i like similar to the way i can in portrait professional. Otherwise love your attention to detail.
J

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:04 pm

Hi Docj,

I think there are a couple of features that you'd find useful:

Batch Apply: If you apply some effects on one picture, you can go to: File > Batch Apply Effect, and instantly apply them to a whole bunch of pictures in one go.

Saving Presets: is covered here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=672

Tony

Postby cinntina » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:03 pm

I'd like the ability to skip to a specific page in the effects gallery. I'll confirm and save an image then continue trying out new effects on the original photo and I have to manually press the arrow button until the last page I was viewing shows up. If I'm on page 50 it's frustrating because I have to press the button so many times. I'm new to this and maybe there's another way to do this that I'm not familiar with. I've been saving images, deleting them, then going back to my original for more effects. I pretty much have to start over selecting the last enhancement topic under Best For that I was working with then clicking on the arrow until I reach the last effect I was looking at.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:53 pm

Hi Cinntina,

To jump to a specific page:
Hover over where it says page 1 of 177 (or whatever), and a slider will pop up that allows you to jump to a page.

Once you've applied a bunch of effects that you like, you can access them quickly via the Favorite Effects button on the right.

Tony

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests