The big feature request discussion

Please let us know of absolutely anything you think is missing from Smart Photo Editor.
Site Admin

Re: The big feature request discussion

Postby admin » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi Trufrontier,

To add another effect to an existing mask, just hover over the effect gallery tool on the right then choose the existing mask you want to apply another effect to. Also you can copy existing masks onto any new mask using the "Add *" and "Remove *" buttons in the utilities section in the select area tool. This second technique means you end up with a second mask which can be adjusted separately from the first.

Re your second point: I'm afraid you have discovered a bug. We'll try and fix this as soon as we can. In the meantime a workaround would be to delete the effect then add it back in again using either of the two techniques described above to retrieve your old mask after you have adjusted the sliders.

Tony

Postby Solo » Thu May 03, 2012 8:37 pm

admin wrote:The contrast slider in the tone sliders panel allows you to create S curves and inverted S curves. Would you want more control than that? Would you want a histogram that was always available or is mainly while in the tone controls?

Tony

it will be good if histogram is always available.

Postby Ilinka » Sat May 19, 2012 5:28 pm

I am new to Smart photo editor, and i cant transfer my photos once edited to another program. Am i missing something.
It is very disappointing i would like to be able to put my photos on CD or any other program like an external driver.

Postby Ilinka » Sun May 20, 2012 2:22 pm

can the work be saved to a CD or external drive

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon May 21, 2012 9:23 am

To save pictures, just go to the file menu and choose "Save As Jpeg or Tiff". That will allow you to save pictures to anywhere like a flash drive or your my pictures folder. Once saved, they can be opened up in any other software. Saving to CDs is slightly different as some older versions of windows don't support burning disks. Recent operating systems should allow you to save files to a CD and burn them built in.

Postby mike37 » Mon May 21, 2012 9:26 pm

A colour harmonisation tool would be terrific, plus the ability to add images to a particular photo.

I find the removal of telephone wires not very effective, could you please make this tool more effective to use.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue May 22, 2012 10:41 am

Hi mike37,

What do you mean by a colour harmonisation tool? Is it the ability to make colours in one picture look like colours in another, or something else? If it's the former, try the different color match tools in the effect editor. I can give you more details on how to use them if you want.

The ability to add images to a particular photo is coming soon, it's implemented and in testing.

I was wondering if you could send me a picture of an image where the telephone wire tool wasn't working well? I can give you my email if you don't want to post it publicly.

Tony

Postby calicubel » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:15 pm

My daughter and I both own this program adn absolutly love the ease of use with modifying our photos but it is missing something that we feel is crucial and that is a browser that shows the photos. Currently we look for the photo in another brower program and switch back to Samrt Photos to open the file.

I vote for a browser system!!!!!

Thank you
Pat and Cali Cubel

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:45 am

Hi Pat and Cali,

In order to see pictures before opening them, when you are looking at files (after clicking Load Image, or choosing Open from the file menu), there is an option to view all files as preview pictures. In recent versions of windows there is a button near the top right of the file dialog that you can click on to get a menu with options like "Large Icons", "Medium Icons", "List", "Details", "Tiles". Choose "Large Icons" from the list and you will be able to see your pictures.

The above is for the simple case for a recent version of windows with jpeg or tiff files. If you want to know about RAW files or use a different operating system, let me know and I can help with that too.

Tony

Postby sexydivinediva » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:08 am

easy background imaging without masking just simple change background in effects gallery

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests