Save as Jpg/Tiff File Save Dialog not autofilling filename

Please let us know of absolutely anything you think is missing from Smart Photo Editor.

Save as Jpg/Tiff File Save Dialog not autofilling filename

Postby MusicLaw » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:35 pm

Build 1.1.23 Win Xp Pro SP3

I work with RAW files nearly all the time. In this case I was using RSG_ 2497.CR2. The File > Save As Jpeg/Tiff dialog is not auto filling the current working filename. It probably should. The filename field in the save dialog was empty.

Additionally, the path is not remembered from one save to the next. For example, it opened to the SPE default directory. I changed it to another drive and directory path to save the file as a Jpeg. I then wished to save the same file as a Tiff. Had to redo the navigating to the destination drive and directory.

Re: Save as Jpg/Tiff File Save Dialog not autofilling filename

Postby MusicLaw » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:36 pm

Same deficiency when attempting to save a Session file. SPE opens dialog w/ filename field blank, and opens to SPE default directory. It should remember my preferrred (or last used) file location.

Postby MusicLaw » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:42 pm

SPE fails to append .pe filename extension to the filename when saving a Session file (File > Save as Session) using filename "RSG_2497.CR2" manually entered into the empty filename field.

ArjunAnthroQA

Postby ArjunAnthroQA » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:49 pm

These issues have been entered into our database and we are currently working on fixing this problem. Thank you very much for passing this on to us.

Postby MusicLaw » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:45 pm

Glad to help things along....

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:01 pm

Most of these issues have been resolved, new release coming in the next few days. The one I can't reproduce is that of the directory defaulting to the SPE install directory. It might have been already fixed, but if it still occurs after this next release could you post exact steps to reproduce it here?

Postby MusicLaw » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:31 pm

admin wrote:Most of these issues have been resolved, new release coming in the next few days. The one I can't reproduce is that of the directory defaulting to the SPE install directory. It might have been already fixed, but if it still occurs after this next release could you post exact steps to reproduce it here?

Looking forward to the new build in the coming days.

Once it's released, and I've had a go at it, I'll report any findings....

Will SPE users be automatically notified once the next release is available? Or, will we need to browse the SPE website, or, use Help > Check for Updates from within the program?

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:46 am

See my reply to the same question in the other thread here.

Postby MusicLaw » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:40 pm

The proper directory (the one from which the RAW image was opened) is now being used as the default to save the edited File.

The filename is also correctly being pre-appended with "_pe" before the file extension, and ".jpg" is added at the end (after the existing ".CR2").

See related post of new bug introduced by Save As sequence in build 1.2.3, here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=220

Return to Feature Requests