Adding selected gallery effect to the EXIF of the picture

Please let us know of absolutely anything you think is missing from Smart Photo Editor.

Adding selected gallery effect to the EXIF of the picture

Postby jdmchugh » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:08 pm

I try to be good and record the effects I use when creating new art work, however I have found in the heat of the moment I forgot to record the effect or even the page. Since we have appox 8300 predefined effects on 689 pages it is easy to lose track. Would it be possible to write the effect name into the EXIF data on the saved image on the save. No guarantee the effect will always be there but it really would help short term to retrace your steps.

Site Admin

Re: Adding selected gallery effect to the EXIF of the picture

Postby admin » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:35 am

While we don't have any plans to add effect names to exif, you can see recent effects that you've favourited or applied by hovering over the Favourites/Recent/Shortlists button on the right.

Re: Adding selected gallery effect to the EXIF of the picture

Postby eadams » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:39 pm

jdmchugh wrote:I try to be good and record the effects I use when creating new art work, however I have found in the heat of the moment I forgot to record the effect or even the page. Since we have appox 8300 predefined effects on 689 pages it is easy to lose track. Would it be possible to write the effect name into the EXIF data on the saved image on the save. No guarantee the effect will always be there but it really would help short term to retrace your steps.

There is only one good way to retrace your steps in Smart Photo Editor: Save your work as a Session. That way, you can re-open the file just as it was as you were working on it and each step of the way is retained. I advise saving a copy of any real creative work you do with SPE as a session. It will save you a lot of time and heartache trying to figure out how you did something.

Return to Feature Requests