Do reported "bad" effects get removed from Gallery?

Ask any questions about publishing effects
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Do reported "bad" effects get removed from Gallery?

Postby eadams » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:01 am

Sometimes people publish effects to the online Effects Gallery that only add a private photo. I am sure this is done by mistake by people who don't really know what they are doing, and they should be removed.

I opened a support ticket #272270 asking if such effects would be removed if they were reported and I gave an example of such an effect in the ticket. The reply I received said

"We do remove effects when they are very obviously uploaded by mistake. If you see any effects in other galleries which look like mistakes, please do let us know so we can remove them."

However, I still see that effect I reported in that ticket in the Effects Gallery.

I reported another similar effect today #279215 and hope it will be removed.

My question: If I have already downloaded such an effect to my Effects Gallery, will I still see it and think it hasn't been removed even after you have removed it? Or will updating my Effects Gallery upon exiting the program "flush out" any bad effects that you have removed from the Gallery?

Site Admin

Re: Do reported "bad" effects get removed from Gallery?

Postby admin » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:41 pm

When we remove effects, we remove them from the global gallery that everyone sees. You still have a copy on your own private gallery that we can't remove, but no one else will see it. N.B, we can't remove effects from the 'Latest' gallery, but they will eventually drop off.

Kind regards

Tony

Re: Do reported "bad" effects get removed from Gallery?

Postby eadams » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:57 am

Thanks for the clarification, Tony. It is a bit confusing to still see effects that should have been removed, but I understand the reason.

Return to Publishing Effects