Merging overlay after resize and move

Ask any questions about compositing.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Merging overlay after resize and move

Postby Shutterbuggal » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:13 pm

Each time I resize and move a overlay I am no longer able to merge it with the underlay. It becomes a seperate photo whihc just sits atop the overlay photo. How to i get the 2 to merge once i have resized and moved it to where I need to place it? :cry:

Site Admin

Re: Merging overlay after resize and move

Postby admin » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:33 am

Hi,

What do you mean by merge it? Once you've put it in the right position you can add more effects, save it etc. Smart Photo Editor is a non destructive editor, which means there is no concept of 'baking in' so you can no longer go back and change something, or did you mean something different?

Tony

Postby Shutterbuggal » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:32 am

Hi Tony- Thanks but I am still having challenges with using the rezize tool. I can not seem to get it to rezie. Do I need to resize prior to overlaying the 2?

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:32 am

Hi,

To resize an overlay or underlay you must have the "Move, Rotate and Scale" button pressed. You can resize any overlay or underlay by clicking on it, then dragging the squares round the edge. You can't change the size of the original image as that's what defines the limits of the image. If you feel like that's the one you want to move, then consider applying it as an overlay or underlay to an image you want to keep fixed. Does that help?

Tony

Postby Shutterbuggal » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:53 pm

Thank you so much for your support and assistance. I continue to have challenges with the program. I have used the composite application several times but since the recent update it seems to have changed. When I add a photo as an under or overlay that is vertical and then try to add one that is horizontal both become the same layout. I'm also experiencing issues with the program not functioning when I try to erase the overlay to expose the underlay. Navigating between over and lay doesn't always allow me to click on the choice. And as for the resizing..the only function I seem to get when I click on the move resize button is to rotate it. one time I was able to resize a photo but then it would not merge with the other layer.
AS long as I use to identical sized photos and only want to merge I have no issues. but if I try to get a little creative with sizing or repositioning it with the photo I get stuck.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:41 am

Hi,

I've tried to reproduce your issue, but I can't make it go wrong. We've not changed anything about the composite tool recently, so I'm not sure what's happened. I've forwarded on to our support team who have more time to try and reproduce your problem. They might contact you for more details.

Tony

Return to Compositing And Montage