Compositing Video Tutorials

Ask any questions about compositing.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.
Site Admin

Compositing Video Tutorials

Postby admin » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:53 am

We recommend expanding them to full screen and making sure HD is on (i.e. HD is in blue) to watch them properly.

Replacing a sky

Compositing new objects into a scene

Re: Compositing Video Tutorials

Postby Strick » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:32 pm

I have the trial version and having difficulty getting a clean composite. When I try to clean up, I end up exposing the original picture instead of the desired underlay. Any suggestions. I have watched the videos.

Thanks

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:33 am

Hi Strick,

Would you mind posting a picture that you're trying to composite. Sometimes different situations call for different approaches. The best way to get the highest quality composite is to shoot against a flat background with a contrasting color to the foreground (if you can)!

Tony

Postby Strick » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:01 pm

Thanks tony,

See the attached photo. I get into trouble when using the brushes to "clean up". I either cut too much of the overlay off or end up clicking some of the paint cans that delete the overlay completely. For some reason some of the paint cans clean it up while others delete the overlay.

Looking for ant tutorials that have more details on this procedure. While the videos are good, they don't have enough detail on his process of composites. I am a lso looking at another platform " geen screen wizard" that is more expensive but more user friendly.

Thanks,

Jim
Attachments
sample_smart_photo_editor.jpg
sample_smart_photo_editor.jpg (104.33 KiB) Viewed 24536 times

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:29 am

Hi Jim,

You can hover over a paint can to see what it will do if you click on it, so you don't do something you don't want by mistake. The chair you're overlay has a nice hard edge. This means you need to use the "Find Hard Edge" brush. To be the most precise, use a fairly small brush. Make sure the inner circle doesn't go into an area you want to remove and that the outer circle does. The smaller the distance between the inner circle and the outer circle, the less chance there is for error.

Hope that helps!

Tony

Postby Strick » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:10 pm

Tony,

Found my sign in info. thanks again for your help. that was great info. I did not see anty tutorials on this. Did I miss it somewhere?

Thanks,

Jim

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:20 am

There are a couple of places for more information on selecting areas. Here's a description of how to use the smart brush. And here are some video tutorials generally on the subject of selecting.

Tony

Postby Strick » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:32 am

Thank you Tony. these are excellent. Is there a master page on the site with all the tutorials listed in an index or summary?

Jim

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:34 am

You can see all our videos on our Vimeo home page.

Postby Sandeep Shetty » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:21 pm

I would like to edit an image where one click should replace the background of an object from a single color background(green) to the desired background.

Next

Return to Compositing And Montage