how to make a plain pink background

Ask any questions about compositing.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

how to make a plain pink background

Postby Junipermt » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:26 am

I want to take part of an image, cut it out and put it on a pink background, then add some text. Not finding the answer, maybe I don't know how to use the help.
Can anyone tell me how?

Site Admin

Re: how to make a plain pink background

Postby admin » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:41 am

Hi,

The simplest way of doing this, would be to use the montage feature.

+ Go to File >New Montage.
+ Choose the pink you want, the size of the image and make sure Add A Texture and Add a Border are unticked.
+ Ok the next dialog and you'll be in the Composite tool.
+ Add a "New" Overlay and choose the image you want to cut out.
+ Choose Select Area
+ Draw round the outside edge of the object you want to cut out
+ When you've gone all the way round the edge without any gaps, two paint buckets will appear
+ Click on the bucket outside your object to remove the rest of the image.
+ You can then use Move, Rotate and Scale to place it.
+ Finally, you can use the text tool to add the text.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Tony

Postby Junipermt » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:48 am

Thank you for the quick reply.

Fabulous, just what I wanted.

Two areas I am confused on. My photo ended up very small in the blue background. I assume it was that step in the beginning of choose the size of the image. The options were in the many thousands and not sure how to figure a normal photo size. Do I just have to play around with it?
I see at the end I can also stretch the photo but I would want to keep the proportions the same and not sure if there is a simple way to do that.
Last, just for fun I would like to add a border. Have not tried to figure that out on my own yet.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:51 am

Hi,

A 'normal photo size' depends on your camera. You can sometimes see the original photo size if you have the right options set in windows explorer. You wont loose any quality by setting the size too big and scaling your photo up so it fits. The easiest way to add a border is to just check the 'Add Border' in the initial montage dialog. All that does is go into the gallery and automatically choose the borders option on the left. You can do this yourself at any time.

Tony

Postby Junipermt » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:32 pm

Thank you

Return to Compositing And Montage