ROUND AREA OF PHOTO

Ask any questions about Area Treatment
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

ROUND AREA OF PHOTO

Postby RayMac15 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:35 pm

This is for the Area Treatment Section

I have a round logo. Can I keep just the logo and delete the surrounding white area from the picture? Or do I need to keep the picture square?

Re: ROUND AREA OF PHOTO

Postby eadams » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:43 am

RayMac15 wrote:This is for the Area Treatment Section

I have a round logo. Can I keep just the logo and delete the surrounding white area from the picture? Or do I need to keep the picture square?

All images are square, but some software and file formats support transparency, so if you use them you can "delete" the background and only see the shape you want to see.

Smart Photo Editor does not support transparency, so all images will be visibly square. You won't be able to make the white background completely disappear in SPE.

If you need this functionality you will need to use some other software that supports transparency, like Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. There are many free image editors like Gimp that will work, and probably many that are easier to use than Gimp, but I am not familiar with them.

Return to Area Treatment