Import a photo to add to existing photo

Ask any questions about Area Treatment
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Import a photo to add to existing photo

Postby ODATROBERT » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:12 pm

I have a photo with a solid blue sky over the ocean. I want to add one of my cloud photos in the blue sky area. Appreciate any help. Thanks

Re: Import a photo to add to existing photo

Postby eadams » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:43 pm

Hi ODATROBERT,

I don't know if there are multiple ways to do what you describe, but one way is:

1. Open your ocean photo
2. Select File - Add Underlay and load your cloud photo
3. Erase the sky areas in your ocean photo to make the cloud image visible where you want it to be.

Postby Richard Briggs » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:51 am

Another more complicated way is to use one of the existing sky effects and then edit that effect and replace the image used with your own. I've found some sky effects are dead simple whereas others it's not so easy. Just the way the author created it. Unfortunately I can't remember the one's I've used that are easy :(.

The advantage of this approach is you can move/resize the sky to please.

Richard

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:28 am

We also have another product called LandscapePro, specifically for manipulating landscapes, and replacing skies is one of the things it is designed to do very easily. You can find out more and download a demo at: http://www.landscapepro.pics/

Kind regards

Tony

Return to Area Treatment