Colorising B&W

Ask any questions about Area Treatment
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Colorising B&W

Postby Richard Briggs » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:15 am

Does SPE offer any specific tools that will allow me to colorise old B&W photos? What I'm looking for is at least a paintbrush too.

Regards
Richard

Site Admin

Re: Colorising B&W

Postby admin » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:39 am

Hi Richard,

SPE isn't a painting package so it doesn't offer a paintbrush as such. However, the Area Treatment tab should be good for you. Just select each area that you want to change the color of, then use the temperature and tint sliders to change the colour of that area. You can also use the vibrance slider to make the colors more saturated. The smart brush should be good for recoloring because you don't want the color leaking outside object edges.

Tony

Re: Colorising B&W

Postby Richard Briggs » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:42 am

Thanks for the response. Yes, that is the method I've tried but (for once!) I find it easier to do that sort of thing in Photoshop. Maybe there's a similarly priced and similarly excellent package out there somewhere. Having said that, my brief forays into colourising lead me to believe that you do actually need to be a bit of an artist (painting) to do a really good job.

Richard

Return to Area Treatment