Crop Tool

Here you can discuss anything related to the Crop Tool
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.
Site Admin

Crop Tool

Postby admin » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:24 pm

You can adjust the crop before or after pressing apply crop. Adjust the crop by dragging the squares at the corners of the widget that appears when you move your mouse over your picture. You can also rotate it by dragging round the circle in the middle of the widget.

Re: Crop Tool

Postby kidshorses » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:05 am

After much research in forum discussions on SPE, I am beginning to sense that I am unable to print anything but a "sample" copy of my finished photo. I am looking for the prompts/guidance to print photos with the assistance of "crop to size". Help! If this is NOT possible.....I am an unsatisfied, NEW customer! About to be a past customer! Please advise!

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:52 am

Hi Kidhorses,

What do you mean by a "sample" copy of the photo? If you buy the full version of the software, the print function under the file menu will print the final result of your edits. The crop tool will allow you to crop to a specific aspect ratio, while keeping the quality of your photo at it's maximum. If you want to decrease the size of your photo for emailing or posting on the internet, the options for doing that are under "Export Size" in the export settings dialog, but that will loose quality. Increasing the size of the photo won't increase its detail, but it's possible in the export settings. Or do you want to print a photo but not filling the page? That's not currently supported, but it's functionality we could add. I don't know if that helps, so please let me know how else I can help.

Tony

Postby kidshorses » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:57 pm

Tony,
I NEED TO BE ABLE TO PRINT TO MY PRINTER, A VARIATION OF SIZES; 4x6, 5x7 or 8x10's. I was under the impression this would work similar to PhotoScape...load photos, edit and print. I need to know if this can be done soon (by this afternoon)!

If not, please provide the information/avenues to which I can receive a refund for this purchase...

Many thanks, Terry

Postby kidshorses » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:01 pm

What I mean by "sample" copy is this.....

I selected "print" from the menu and loaded 4x6 paper in my printer. What I got in print was a 1 1/2 inch by 3 inch "mini" photo. Nice picture! Just not 4x6. If you could tell me how to increase the size (ratios), I would be more than happy to try.

I am NOT willing to pay $29.95 for a photo editing program that I cannot print from, for my customers.

ArjunAnthroQA

Postby ArjunAnthroQA » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:28 pm

Hello kidshorses,

When you click Print, you will be taken to a screen where you can select your Printer. After you select your printer, click on Preferences to bring up the specific Printer options for your Printer. Here you should be able to change the settings to your requirements.

Alternatively you can simply save the image and open it in the Windows Photo Viewer, which also has a variety of preset Print and paper sizes available, and will show you a Print Orientation Preview.

If this doesn't provide the required results, can you please tell us the resolution of the edited image or send us a session file so that we may attempt to recreate the issue.

Return to Crop Tool