Image Treatment

Here you can discuss anything related to Image Treatment
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.
Site Admin

Image Treatment

Postby admin » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:27 pm

The image treatment tool has many sliders that affect the whole of your image at once. The best way to understand a slider is to try moving it up and down. Double clicking on any slider resets it to 0. More sliders can be found by pressing "More Sliders...". Try starting off with the Auto sliders as they can fix many image problems automatically.

Re: Image Treatment

Postby alemlama » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:46 am

:roll:

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:22 am

There are quite a few photographs on that web page, and without seeing what they looked like before it's hard to know. If you have a specific effect request, could you post it in our effect request forum.

Looking further down that page, we have a couple of pieces of software that might be of interest to you:

PortraitPro for retouching faces
PortraitProBody for retouching whole bodies.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby LittleNellie » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:53 pm

I have just downloaded the trial version of SPEditor and on looking at some of the video tuts: reference is made to the Image Treatment tool – I don’t appear to have an Image Treatment tool – is that because this is the trial version? If not any help would be appreciated.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:21 am

Hi there

There is always an image treatment tool. It can be found 5 buttons down on the right hand side of the app.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby LittleNellie » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:40 pm

Thank you for your response admin. I understand that’s where it’s supposed to be but unfortunately not on mine. I go from Area Treatment, Composite, Erase, Red Eye etc: but no sign of an Image Treatment tab.
I was wondering if I uninstalled and tried to install again but I’m afraid to do that as this is only the trial version and I might lose the rest of the trial days…

Postby eadams » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:23 am

Hi LittleNellie,

If you are using Windows and the current version of the software (1.29.0), the tool column on the right-hand side of the screen should look like the screenshot I am attaching. I don't know if a Mac version looks differently.

I have found screenshots online where the user interface looks different and the Image Treatment button was missing, but it may be because they are screenshots of an older version of the software. I remember that a few years ago there was an update that changed how the user interface looked, but the basic functionality stayed the same.

Can you take a look at what version you are using? You will find the version in the Help - About menu.

SPE right tool column.JPG
SPE right tool column.JPG (42.42 KiB) Viewed 38447 times

Postby LittleNellie » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:29 pm

Hi my OS is Windows 10 and the version of SPEditor I have is 1.29.0 which would appear to be the latest. Looking at your screen shot and comparing it with my Editor window I am missing the word TOOLS and the Image Treatment tab. Also all my tabs have only the words on them and not the icons that I see in your screenshot.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:39 pm

Hi

Sorry I had forgotten, using the trial can disable some functionality. If you buy the software you will get all the options shown in Eadams' screenshot, plus the effect editor which is cropped off the bottom.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby LittleNellie » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:35 pm

Ah I see. Thanks for the info...I did wonder if that was the case but wanted to make sure. Thanks again...

Next

Return to Image Treatment