Slider Flicker

Here you can discuss anything related to Image Treatment
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Slider Flicker

Postby MJP » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:19 pm

I last used the Smart Photo Editor during beta testing and I don't remember the extreme monitor flicker that results from using the tone sliders. Instead of SPE showing a gradual change in the image it flickers throughout the slider movement, most off-putting. Added to which I attempted to Reset all Sliders and the application crashed (under Windows Vista).

Site Admin

Re: Slider Flicker

Postby admin » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:52 pm

Hi Mjp,

Is the flicker a left to right motion? If so, might be able to fix it by increasing the "Milliseconds for initial preview" in the settings dialog. If not, let me know and I can investigate further.

Also can you reproduce the crash on reset all sliders? And which version number are you using?

Thanks

Tony

Postby MJP » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:08 pm

Tony, yes, it is to do with the left to right rendering (is that what you call it?). I have tried increasing (and decreasing) the setting you mentioned to no avail but do I have to do the change and come out of the application and go back in for the setting to work?

I have tried Reset all Sliders without reproducing the crash, so far.

Some sliders seem to cause more flicker than others e.g. Clarity. So whether it happens more after changing Clarity I will have to experiment with.

I have to say that on my machine I do not notice any flicker at all using similar images and similar sliders in other packages.
Last edited by MJP on Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby MJP » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:12 pm

Tony, version 1.0.16, to answer your other question.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:53 pm

Try changing it to something very high like 5000.

Tony

Return to Image Treatment