Straighten Tool

Here you can discuss anything related to the Straighten Tool
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.
Site Admin

Straighten Tool

Postby admin » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:18 pm

The straighten tool allows you to straighten a photo that may have been taken at a slight angle or if there is perspective distortion. To straighten an image, line up the lines with your image by dragging the circles at the end of the lines, then press "Apply Straighten". You only need to align the horizon if there's no perspective distortion. You can unclick Apply Straighten if you want to tweak the straightening.

Re: Straighten Tool

Postby IAAF » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:15 am

I LOVE this feature. I scan, crop, enhance color and then post thousands of pictures in my work and this software saves me so much time. I used to have to 'rotate' to right or left by a certain percent and of course I never had the percent correct and had to keep repeating until it looked OK.

Now all I have to do is move the line to the edge of the photo and click and boom - its now straight! I have never seen a feature like this before so just wanted to let you know how I love it - as I do some of the other features as well.

For some reason the second time I logged into the site I was unable to use my initial username and password so had to end up adding a second account.

Donna
IAAF
:P

Re: Straighten Tool

Postby eadams » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:05 am

I love it, too. I love that you can designate a horizontal AND a vertical line at the same time, so the image is stretched accordingly.

Return to Straighten Tool