Erase Tool

Here you can discuss anything related to the erase tool
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.
Site Admin

Erase Tool

Postby admin » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:15 pm

The erase tool lets you remove small areas of your picture. Generally, the larger the area you need to remove, the more advanced features you will need to get a good result.

In the simplest case, simply use the mouse to draw over the area you want to remove. When you release the mouse it will copy another area of the picture (outlined in red) over the area you have painted and blend it in at the edges. Move your mouse out of the picture to see it without the outlines. You can drag the red area around to tweak the result until you are happy. If the blending in looks wrong, then click on the little triangle button that appears when you hover the blue area and you can tweak the sliders that appear.

Advanced use
Large Areas: To erase large areas, you may need to break the area down into smaller parts because it's easier to find a smaller area to copy from. To do this select "Area Split Tool" and draw a line that carves your blue area into two pieces. Now you can drag the two red areas around independently.

Matching textures: The warping pins allow you to rotate, shear and scale the area that is copied into the blue area. Click Add Warping Pins, then place a couple of them in your blue area. You can now drag their copies around in the red area to warp the texture that is copied.

Re: Erase Tool

Postby sue1224 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:54 pm

The erase tool is NOT working on my program. And the program is not connecting with support topics I CLICK ON from top help. Will you please tell me what to do or get it re-connected? I have to go to the website to get on the topic forum and I HAVE PAID FOR THE PROGRAM.

Site Admin

Re: Erase Tool

Postby admin » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:30 pm

Hi Sue1224,

Please open a support ticket here: http://www.smartphotoeditor.com/support ... icket_main and one of our support team will be able to help.

Thanks,

Tony

Return to Erase Tool