How do I use the Remove object tool?? I am going crazy

Here you can discuss anything related to the erase tool
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

How do I use the Remove object tool?? I am going crazy

Postby LillianR » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:24 pm

Can someone please explain to me how to use the remove o-object tool? I have tried a number of times and followed instruction and read what others have posted here.

I ended up trying Inpaint and it was so simple draw around the object to be removed and click on a icon and "Magic it is gone.

I love this program but this part really is frustrating me. I really need step by step instructions.

I just end up with lines and loops everywhere. :?:

Thank you for a otherwise great program.

Site Admin

Re: How do I use the Remove object tool?? I am going crazy

Postby admin » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:35 pm

If you are used to software were you draw round an object to remove it, perhaps the problem you're having is that with SPE you have to draw over the object to remove it, like a brush rather than a lasso. Once you've brushed over the object, it will copy another nearby part of the scene over the top, and that is shown in red. You can then drag the red area around to adjust the removal. Try it out on something small like a spot first to get the hang of it. The larger the object, the more difficult it is to remove correctly. There are more advanced techniques too for removing big things, so let me know if you want to learn more.

Tony

Postby LillianR » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:37 am

HI Tony, Thank you for your quick reply. I still am not getting the idea right in my thick head on using this tool. I want to use this photo next week and want to remove the railings.

I have done it ok in the Inpaint it was simple but I only have a trail version and cannot save it. I want to learn on here with this program for future instances as well. Sorry what does SPE mean?
I am trying again but no luck. :?:

Thank you very much

Postby chaseman1951 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:52 pm

SPE Stand for Smart Photo Editor. :)

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:24 am

Hi LillianR,

To remove lots of long thin things, the remove Telegraph wires tool will work better than the erase brush. Try this:

Go into the erase tool
Click on Remove Telegraph Wires Tool
Move your mouse over one end of a railing
Use the [ and ] keys to adjust the size of the cursor so it is just bigger than the railing
Click on the start of a railing
Double click on the end of that railing
Move your mouse out of the window and the purple dashed lines should disapear and you will be able to see that railing removed
(Where railings cross other railings you will see a smudge, but don't worry, as that will disapear when you remove the crossed railing)
Repeat for all other railings.

Tony

Postby LillianR » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:48 am

HI Tony,

Thank you very much for explaining that to me. Really do appreciate your time. :)

Return to Erase Tool