Erasing...Help

Here you can discuss anything related to the erase tool
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Erasing...Help

Postby Bea1 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:39 am

Hi there

Like many I have viewed the tutorials and messages with regarding Erasing. I'm trying to get rid of the big pole to the left as well as the glass wall the guy has his hand on. I try to do it but bits become blurred and I cannot get his hand to not be touching part of the glass wall.
Can you help, I have included my pic.
Thanks! :) Bea
Attachments
Elephant_Hill___Te_Awanga___Mike_and_Binz_Wedding_Photos_397__1467598799_51589 (1).jpg
Elephant_Hill___Te_Awanga___Mike_and_Binz_Wedding_Photos_397__1467598799_51589 (1).jpg (47.84 KiB) Viewed 7436 times

Site Admin

Re: Erasing...Help

Postby admin » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:33 am

I have to say ,that's a very tricky erase job you have there! Make sure you are familiar with the "Area Split Tool" that you can use to take several different parts of the photo together to fill in an area. To reduce the softness of an area, hover over an area and press the little triangle button that appears to give you more options. Try playing with those sliders, especially margin and recolor.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby eadams » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:34 pm

This is a very difficult photo to make look good. The pole is not really a problem, but if you remove the glass wall you have to reconstruct both the flooring it covers and part of the gentleman's suit. The gentleman's hand will be in a very awkward position (since it is obviously resting on something). In addition, it looks like he is straddling a wide crack in the flooring, giving him a very awkward stance with his legs unnaturally spread apart.

If you need a full-length shot and don't have a better one to work on, you have a lot of work to do. Otherwise, you might want to consider cropping the photo in square format right below the bouquet. Then you would only have to remove the pole on the left and the shot would look great. All the awkwardness would be gone. In fact, the position of the upper torsos is really nice, with the two subjects leaning towards each other.

Well, maybe you didn't want to hear my advice, but it is what I would do if it were my image :)

Postby Bea1 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:30 pm

Thanks so much for the info. Yes its sure been a tricky one and like you say his hand is in a very awkward position once taking the glass frame away which I did. I think I may have to leave the glass frame there but just remove the pole. Shame though. Ill keep playing around with it, many thanks :)

Return to Erase Tool