Please help!! I cant figure out this 'removing object' tool.

Here you can discuss anything related to the erase tool
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Please help!! I cant figure out this 'removing object' tool.

Postby craftychicky77 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:54 am

I have this picture and it has a camera bag over my shoulder and I want to remove the camera bag...I understand how to "draw" the object out, and then my shirt will kind of "blend" over it, but I am running into where I dont have "enough shirt" to blend over- does this make sense to anyone!? plus, I dont understand what the 'pins' are for, or the other tool letting you remove the 'wires'?! I know I will get this! I just need some help. Maybe showing a picture of what I want removed will help.? Thanks! Jaime

Site Admin

Re: Please help!! I cant figure out this 'removing object' tool.

Postby admin » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:43 am

The larger the area you want to remove the more tricky it can be to remove it, however we have tools to help. The tool it sounds like you need is the "Area Split Tool", with it you can slice your destination (blue) area into smaller bits, and then move the bits around separately to copy from different parts of the image, that way you don't need to find one contiguous area to copy from. Another thing that might help is if you hover over ther blue area, you will see a little triangle button appear. If you click on it you will get more options to help tweak how the area is removed. Let me know if you need any more help, or if you post a picture, we can take a look at it.

Tony

Postby daylight » Tue May 01, 2012 9:28 pm

This reply is for the admin team...why dont you just put a clone stamp in ...like photoshop dose...

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed May 02, 2012 9:53 am

The erase tool takes one part of the photo and paints it over another. By default it blends in the edges like photoshop's healing brush. If you don't want to blend in the edges, like the clone stamp tool, you can click on the little arrow that appears when you hover over a blue area and move the recolor slider down to 0. We've been playing with this tool ourselves and we've found you actually get the best results with the recolor slider half way, so that will be the default in future versions of the software.

Tony

Return to Erase Tool