Usefullness of tool

Here you can discuss anything related to the erase tool
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Usefullness of tool

Postby markadam » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:29 pm

Hello;

This is my first post. Thank you for including me in the beta test. My baseline for an object removal tool is one that I use frequently -- a PS plug-in from Alien Skin called Image Doctor.

The remove objects tool in the s/w is a decent attempt but falls short for any serious work. I would use it solely for simple items when the result was not at issue. I feel that this feature needs to be improved in order for it to be taken as a serious feature.

Thanks.

Mark

Site Admin

Re: Usefullness of tool

Postby admin » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:15 am

Can you be more specific? One of the major problems with the object tool currently is that a lot of the features you need to get it to work in complicated settings are not obvious. Could you post an example of where it doesn't work?

Tony

Postby brotherman » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:27 pm

On the contrary, I have found the erase tool in SPE to be the most useful tool of its type anywhere. Not only can you choose the size of tool to be used, you can choose from where that tool clones its replacement. With this you can line-up the bricks in a wall, tiles on a floor or whatever you need.

Brotherman

ArjunAnthroQA

Postby ArjunAnthroQA » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:01 pm

Hi brotherman,

Thanks, we appreciate your comments. Do you think there's any way we can improve the Erase tool? We're constantly trying to make SPE as intuitive and powerful as we can so we'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks again,

Arjun

Postby brotherman » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:38 pm

Arjun,

Honestly, it's hard to imagine the erase tool being better than it is. The user can vary the size of the tool to accomodate a variety of needs. One can zoom in or out to whatever degree to optimize their palate. The best option is to move the cloned area around to align cracks in sidewalks or whatever presents itself to line up your final product. ie, you can replace parts of clothing or whatever with some area you think is most appropriate. There are parts of this tool that I have not used so there is more. As you can see in the 'share your results' section, I have had great success with this as it is.

Brotherman

Return to Erase Tool