blue destination area...

Here you can discuss anything related to the erase tool
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

blue destination area...

Postby gaperklake » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:47 pm

Hello,

Though I haven't had nearly enough time to put into Smart Photo yet, I am really liking it. There are many great features... and more to be discovered.

I am having trouble finding or creating a "blue destination area" that is required for warping pins, etc.

Thank you for your help,

Guy

Site Admin

Re: blue destination area...

Postby admin » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:18 am

Hi Guy,

After you use the remove object brush, and you are hovering the mouse over the picture, you will see two areas outlined: An area outlined in red, the "source area" and an area outlined in blue: the "destination area". You click within the blue outline to create a warping pin and then drag the matched pin in the red outline to warp. Does this answer your question?

Postby gaperklake » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:46 pm

Yes, thanks very much. This works.

Postby Laffingrrl » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:06 am

Hello,
I'm trying to use the Remove Objects tool. Would someone please walk me thru it?

You get the circle indicator. You run that around the item you want removed.

A red shape appears and an arrow points one way.

what next? :shock:
What if I don't want to "replace" that area with the area where the red shape appears?

I love this program!

Thank you for your patience! Laffingrrl at yh. co m

ArjunAnthroQA

Postby ArjunAnthroQA » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:32 am

Hi Laffingrrl,

Once you have selected an area in Erase and the red area appears, you can click and drag this red area to the portion of the image you want to copy onto the blue area.

Postby tys5239 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:24 pm

So how do you confirm the changes?

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:39 am

Hi,

There is no need to confirm the changes, if you save the picture it will include the changes, if you use any of the other tools, the changes are kept. If you want to see your picture without the red and blue areas highlighted, just move your mouse out of the picture.

Tony

Postby adrian1944 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:05 pm

I would like to second the request for some way to confirm an action after I am satisfied with it. The leaving old red and blue areas on the image means they get mixed up with new uses of this tool and no satisfactory result.

For example in the tutorial picture I can remove the little girl easily but as soon as I move to the woman the blue red areas mingle and destroy my effort.

I suppose after each successful use I could save but this seems a very long way round when a confirm button or a deselect would let me carry on.

adrian

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:44 am

Hi Aidrian,

That's a fair point. I'll change it so that you can press the erase tool again while in erase to create another erasing tab. In the meantime, a workaround would be to add another tool in-between (like text), then add another erase tab, and delete the text tab. N.B. The next version also will let you Ok and Cancel tabs, but all they do is hide the tab and you don't need to Ok a tab before choosing another tool.

Tony

Return to Erase Tool