selena drained

Post in here any effects you would like to see in the software

selena drained

Postby Squonk » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:07 am

What has happened to the 'selena drained' effect. It has been a part of SPE for years? Whoever produced and removed this, could they reinstate it?

Re: selena drained

Postby Richard Briggs » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:59 am

I must say, I've discovered I don't really understand how effects are grouped etc. However....

On my system if I search for 'selena' I get offered 'selena' and 'selena drained' as effects. If I choose the latter I get a B&W effect applied with the name of 'soft glow' by 'superdave'. The heading is 'selena drained contributions'.

So I don't know if Soft Glow is actually what you are looking for? I don't understand what 'contributions' means. I'd have thought that would have been the creator. That is 'superdave'.

Confused
Richard

Postby Squonk » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:36 pm

Thanks for reaching out Richard

I have the same results, search 'selena' and I get offered 'B&w detail extractor' and adding 'drained' and iI get offered, 'Soft glow'. Both of these are by superdave.

Sadly, none of these are actually 'selena drained' although 'B&w detail extractor' is somewhat similar.

i do use 'B&w detail extractor' occassionally, although my most used effect was 'selena drained'.

i can understand the confusion when you search for something specific and get offered something else instead. i had selena drained saved as a favourite for quick access and then it vanished.

I thought effects were just added to and the library just got bigger. I wasn't expecting effects to be removed. i guess that is the creators prerogative and my tough luck.

regards

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:42 am

We never remove effects. The most likely explanation for not seeing an effect is that it only works once you have a certain selection. If you still have it in your favorites/recent/shortlist menu you can click on it and it will prompt you to create the necessary selection. I hope that helps!

Tony

Return to Effect Requests