Smart Photo as a plugin to Affintiy Photo

Post in here any effects you would like to see in the software

Smart Photo as a plugin to Affintiy Photo

Postby JB1982 » Thu May 12, 2022 4:16 pm

Has anyone been successful adding Smart Photo Editor to Affinity Photo as a plugin? if so, how?

Re: Smart Photo as a plugin to Affintiy Photo

Postby martinhogarth » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:50 pm

pointless asking the editing team as they just ignore all messages anyway

Postby eadams » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:07 am

martinhogarth wrote:pointless asking the editing team as they just ignore all messages anyway

I have never heard of an "editing team" but your assertion that messages are ignored is absolutely false. The moderator from Anthropics often steps in and answers questions that regular users can probably not answer.

Postby eadams » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:19 am

JB1982 wrote:Has anyone been successful adding Smart Photo Editor to Affinity Photo as a plugin? if so, how?

Normally I would not reply to this question because I don't have any experience with Affinity Photo and I would leave the answering to someone who does. But since another user made a derogatory comment about questions being ignored, I thought I would tell you what I know, which you probably know already.

If you refer to the product page that describes the two Smart Photo Editor editions, you will see that you first have to have the Studio Edition to be able to use Smart Photo Editor as a plugin. Also you will see that the product has been designed to work as a plugin with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Photoshop Elements. It has not been designed to be used as a plugin with Affinity Photo. I assume that you know this already, but often software can be used in a way that it wasn't designed to be, so your question is a valid one. Anthropics does not claim that Smart Photo Editor (Studio Edition) will work as a plugin with Affinity Photo, but maybe some user has, indeed, been successful in using it this way.

https://www.anthropics.com/smartphotoeditor/editions/

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:42 am

Hi there,

Eadams is correct, SPE is available as a Photoshop plugin. We haven't explicitly made an Affinity Photo plugin, however, if you look at their Using Plugins page, they do claim to be able to support some Photoshop plugins, so that's something that you could try.

Kind regards

Tony

Re: Smart Photo as a plugin to Affintiy Photo WORKS!

Postby Digiteyes » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:30 am

SPE Studio edition works as a plug in for affinity photo, just add the SPE folder to the list in affinity photo for plug ins, it works seamlessly for me.

Return to Effect Requests