Request for Luminance and soft glow

Post in here any effects you would like to see in the software

Request for Luminance and soft glow

Postby Michele Burt » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:18 pm

I would like to request an effect like "Luminance soft glow by tatiana" , I have used this one, but it doesn't work (for me) when I start with a TIFF file. I've had success starting with a JPEG only. Thanks to anyone who can create this!

Re: Request for Luminance and soft glow

Postby eadams » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:57 pm

The effect you used works fine for me with .tiff images. In what way is it not working for you?

One possible problem might be that SPE does not support transparency, and the .tiff format does, so if your image has transparent areas they will appear white in SPE.

Postby Michele Burt » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:21 pm

It works great with TIFF files when I am in the app, but when I save it, then open it again, the change are not saved. If I start with a Jpeg rather than a TIFF, it does save the changes. I'd like to be able to work with TIFF files.

Postby eadams » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:09 pm

Michele Burt wrote:It works great with TIFF files when I am in the app, but when I save it, then open it again, the change are not saved. If I start with a Jpeg rather than a TIFF, it does save the changes. I'd like to be able to work with TIFF files.

Unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce the problem you are having. I can apply effects to .tiff files and after saving and re-opening the file with either SPE or with Photoshop, the changes I had made in SPE are displayed correctly.

Is it possible that you are re-opening the original .tiff file and not the edited copy that SPE saved with "_pe" added to the name?

Postby Michele Burt » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:26 am

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 8.20.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 8.20.59 PM.png (1.24 MiB) Viewed 11465 times

Thanks for your note. I'm sure I'm opening the correct file. It opens without the changes when I import it to Lightroom and in Preview.

Im including a screen shot for you... notice the file names. The first one is the original and second the one where the effect luminance and soft glow by tatiana was applied. No change.

The other screenshot I've included is how the effect looks, and works if I start out as a Jpeg and save it as a jpeg.

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 8.22.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 8.22.34 PM.png (1.21 MiB) Viewed 11465 times

Any thoughts? I am working on a Mac.

Thanks,
Michele

Postby eadams » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:08 am

Michele Burt wrote:Any thoughts? I am working on a Mac.

In that case, I have to pass, since I use Windows 10 and can't reproduce the problem. I recommend that you register and open a support request on the Anthropics website https://support.anthropics.com/.

You will need to provide all information pertinent to troubleshooting, for example your exact operating system, the version of SPE that you are using, exact description of the problem including all the steps you are taking. This is very important to understand exactly what is happening. For example, are you using SPE as a standalone application or as plugin? What applications are you using to re-open the edited .tiff file? Does the problem exist only with the effect you mentioned or with other effects? You can send them your original .tiff file for them to use for testing purposes. A screenshot is not useful for this purpose.

Good luck!

Postby Michele Burt » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:15 pm

Update, Thanks to Tony for creating "Saturation and Glow". It's awesome!

Postby joladumiye1 » Fri May 07, 2021 11:14 am

I will to request for luminance and soft glow, and, if possible, all the toning effects.

Return to Effect Requests