A couple questions... requests

Post in here any effects you would like to see in the software

A couple questions... requests

Postby PhoenixCamerah » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:30 pm

Ever since I got the program, I been loving it. I am actually thinking about a couple other offers you have.

I don't have Photoshop, so this gets used as a stand-alone. I do have Lightroom, but since I found you, I prefer it over LR... I have my faves, and that's what I use for almost everything...

Ok, now my questions/requests...
Firstly, I know Fisheye was brought up before. Yes, I can do it in camera, yes I could just buy an expensive lens (some are ok, some are cruddy, and some are very expensive) ... but I would like to know if you have considered that effect and if you have, where do I find it in the program. Recently, I have had a request to "fisheye" a band... with a touch of HDR. That's what they would like, and I would like to deliver for them.

Secondly, anyone who shoots bars/concerts knows that beside the red/blue/purple/pink saturation issues that come with LED lights & loss of detail, there is the dreaded "smoke machine". Recently, I shot a place that had the drummer in the corner, and non-stop smoke. In purple. We aren't going to get into the annoyance ("More smoke is SO cool...") of getting the-new-drummer-in-the-band through the unreal haze being shot *right at you* (... and your equipment...), so I was wondering of a there is a de-hazing setting available to cut through the instances where you get that scenario. (I am attaching a photo to show you what I mean... I used your program to get as far as I did...). Smoke can add to a photo, but sometimes it completely takes over...

Thank you for your consideration on these possible effects.... the program has made my life easier with my editing, and am looking forward to learning even more!
Attachments
received_2038889233049389.jpg
received_2038889233049389.jpg (84.64 KiB) Viewed 4109 times
Live music is my life blood.

Re: A couple questions... requests

Postby Richard Briggs » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:18 am

I can't help but you may like to exchange experiences with the author of The Lead Singer post under Show Us Your Results (sorry no idea how to do links).

Richard

Postby eadams » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:48 pm

I think you did a pretty good job with the drummer.

SPE does have a dehaze slider under "image treatment", but on your image it changes the color drastically.

Since you have Lightroom, I recommend that you use it for special cases like this one. I personally love SPE, but all my images are imported into Lightroom and I always do basic corrections in Lightroom before loading an image into SPE.

Postby PhoenixCamerah » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:55 pm

Richard Briggs wrote:I can't help but you may like to exchange experiences with the author of The Lead Singer post under Show Us Your Results (sorry no idea how to do links).

Richard

Yeah... uhm, that is my thread, too... lol... I know what I did there, but thank you...

eadams wrote:I think you did a pretty good job with the drummer.

SPE does have a dehaze slider under "image treatment", but on your image it changes the color drastically.

Since you have Lightroom, I recommend that you use it for special cases like this one. I personally love SPE, but all my images are imported into Lightroom and I always do basic corrections in Lightroom before loading an image into SPE.

Well thank you... it was one of those nights. 2 other guys were trying to use flash in the heavy smoke... (I'm evil, I giggled... lol) They were not there all night... I had to stay for the last 2 bands (it was a very long evening).

With smoke, in post, it always changes colour, it seems. I fought with this image... trying to get better clarity.

I will look into that next time I try to "fix" fog. Trying to not use LR, but it seems I have no choice. I appreciate the input, and will let ya know how that works.
Live music is my life blood.

Return to Effect Requests