Frames difficulty

Post in here any effects you would like to see in the software

Frames difficulty

Postby Frank Polo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:23 pm

Hello,
I am wondering why some of the frames only produce an 'upper left corner' result?
#1.jpg
Note only upper left corner
#1.jpg (170.91 KiB) Viewed 3515 times
Some frames give me a full frame around my original image, while other frames result in something like this example. It would be nice if every time I apply an effect, the 'undo' button would undo that effect. Sometimes it will undo, and other times not. I really like this editor - as it produces an infinite amount of post editing possibilities, and it's very simple to use!
Thank you

Site Admin

Re: Frames difficulty

Postby admin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:04 am

Hi Frank,

I think what is going on is that frames generally do work unless you apply them to a selection. i.e. If you load in a picture, then just click on effects gallery, then Borders, you will see lots of borders correctly applied. However, if you make a selection, then browse the gallery, what photo editor does is try and automatically convert effects into an effect that just applies to a selection. To do this it just masks out the area you selected and puts the effect in there. Because lots of the border effects extend the image outwards, the picture it puts in (with the border) is bigger than your masked area, so it can only fit in the top left. Perhaps what we need is a bunch of border effects specially designed to work with selections, where the image 'pops' out of the selection, like you are trying to do here. I'm moving this thread into the effects request thread so we can keep track of it.

Does that make sense?

Tony

Return to Effect Requests