Converting Photoshop actions to SPE?

Post in here any effects you would like to see in the software

Converting Photoshop actions to SPE?

Postby elivarz » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:40 am

Hello! I'm Photoshop user too and I've created/collected a lot of actions for PS. In most cases image effect processing in both programms - SPE and PS - is the same - same adjustments, filters etc. etc. This will be very nice, if we can have a small soft - "PS action translator" for this. :D Then in SPE Effect editor we will need make only some changes/adjustments. Now recreating of all commands in SPE effect editor can take hours... Any ideas? Thanks, elivarz

Site Admin

Re: Converting Photoshop actions to SPE?

Postby admin » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:41 am

I'm afraid that would be a huge job, as it would require duplicating large amounts of Photoshop and also dealing with their proprietary format for actions! So I'm afraid it's not going to happen soon. :)

Tony

Postby elivarz » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:03 pm

Thanks for answer, Tony. :D One way I see, is save Photoshop action as txt file, to see all PS commands/etc in an action consecutively and the try reduplicate/change this all in SPE. One question more - how (in which format/language) and where are stored SPE effects (descriptions for)? For PS is possible using javascript - convert action file to XML file, edit using notepad and then using another javascript convert this edited file back to fully working PS action - atn file. Very easy and fast...

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:39 am

The SPE effects are stored in our own binary format.

Tony

Postby elivarz » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:27 pm

Ok, thanks for answer ;) I've found effect files, really nothing to do :)
Ivars

Return to Effect Requests