POSTERIZE

This forum describes all of the different filters available in Smart Photo Editor, you can ask questions about them too.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

POSTERIZE

Postby superdave » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:06 am

This node lets you create the effect known as posterization, which can be described as a continuous gradation of tone to several regions of fewer tones, with abrupt changes from one tone to another. A single Levels slider gives you all the control you need to create this effect: from 2 levels up to 256.
The Area option lets you make use of different selections you create.

Re: POSTERIZE

Postby Needlewrangler » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:03 am

superdave wrote:This node lets you create the effect known as posterization, which can be described as a continuous gradation of tone to several regions of fewer tones, with abrupt changes from one tone to another. A single Levels slider gives you all the control you need to create this effect: from 2 levels up to 256.
The Area option lets you make use of different selections you create.

Hi, I'm new to this.posting.php?mode=quote&f=17&t=61&p=82# I need to posterize a photo and I'm not sure how. When you say this node, I don't know what you're talking about.posting.php?mode=quote&f=17&t=61&p=82# I looked through all the selections, I didn't see the word posterize as a choice. There is a low color choice, but it didn't posterize my photo enough. I need what you're describing in my photo. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:32 pm

Hi Needlewrangler,

This section is talking about the nodes in the effect editor, and you'd have to learn about that first in order to use them. However, as what you want to do is simple, I can help with an easier way of posterizing. I've added a few posterize effects to the gallery. Firstly click on File > Update Galleries, to make sure you've got the latest. Then click on Effects Gallery (in the top right), and then type in posterize into the search box in the top right. You should find a few posterizing effects.

Tony

Postby Needlewrangler » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:41 pm

Thanks so much!

Return to Help On The Filters