LOAD INTERNET IMAGE

This forum describes all of the different filters available in Smart Photo Editor, you can ask questions about them too.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

LOAD INTERNET IMAGE

Postby superdave » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 am

This node lets you add an image from the internet by pasting the URL. The scale method option lets you crop the image, change its aspect ratio to match the original image and change the background color. The Match Area option lets you make use of different selections you create.

Re: LOAD INTERNET IMAGE

Postby Arwin » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:21 pm

eh.. where can I find this node? I cant find it in the tabs I have in the effect editor..
I like to combine some effects and need that node :)

Still love this program, its amazing what you can do with it! thx :D

Arwin
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Site Admin

Postby darrenp » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:04 am

Hi Arwin,

Really pleased you like SPE. We are looking into the absence of Load Internet Image and will get back to you. Presumably, though, you could download your internet image and add it directly to your graph?

Thanks,

])arren.

Postby Arwin » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:36 pm

Thanks for the responce ])arren,

I already figured out the methode you described and that works indeed, only thing is that there will be alot duplicate textures when using this in a new effect and publish it.
I found out that a merge of the needed effects and remove the unwanted nodes from it, will do the trick as well, but still, I do prefer a node 'Load Internet Images' the most :)

Arwin
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Site Admin

Postby darrenp » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:49 am

Hi Arwin,

LoadInternetImage actually loads an image from our servers, not the internet in general so you are probably thinking it is more useful than it is. :-) However, generally loading an image from the internet for an effect is risky since the image may be taken down at any point in which case the effect would break. This would of course be highly undesirable. We store all effect images on our servers and the LoadInternetImage node is used to reference them.

Hope that helps,

])arren.

Postby Arwin » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi ])arren,

Yes I understand it wil load a image from the SPE server, instead of the whole internet.
It's just that sometimes you like to combine parts of an effect. In that case It would be great, as for example, you can use a texture from an existing effect, without the color enhancement and/or other enhancements and re-use it in an other effect (existing or new).

For example:
Using the texture '13327/138' from the effect 'Let's make music 002' in an new effect.
At the moment this can only be done by binding the 'Load internet image' node to the 'Effect Output' node, save the image as jpg/tiff and open this image (Add Image) in the new created effect. When publishing this effect, this texture exist twice on your server.

I think, when it is possible to add the 'Load internet image' node, as a standard node to the effect editor, you can simply copy the '13327/138' texture into the new/other effect.

But when it's takes to much time to implement or there are other issues it can't be done, its still possible to save the texture as jpg/tiff and re-use it ;)

Best regards, Arwin
Feel free to follow ;)

Postby Arwin » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:14 pm

A possibility crossed my mind, to implement a 'browse SPE Images' option in the 'Add Image' button in the Effect Editor, where users are able to choose there own images or browse thru the Images already exist in SPE?
Feel free to follow ;)

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:29 am

Yes, that sounds possible. Also if you apply an effect with a loaded texture in it, you can right click on the tab where it is applied and choose Manual edit. If you then edit the nodes to create a new effect using the existing Load Internet Image node and publish it, it will reference the same texture, i.e. there wont be two copies of it on people's hard disks.

Tony

Return to Help On The Filters