Variations - Look what can be done with SPE

A place for anyone to put up any results they have got with the software.
Forum rules
To see all of any picture simply click on it and it will expand. You can upload images using the upload images attachment tab underneath the Submit button when you are creating a post.

Variations - Look what can be done with SPE

Postby One-more-try » Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:42 pm

Variations:

Anstruther  (1)-vert.jpg
Anstruther (1)-vert.jpg (1.8 MiB) Viewed 31218 times

Re: Variations - Look what can be done with SPE

Postby eadams » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:15 am

These are lovely! I used to spend a lot of time making different versions of photos with SPE just for the joy of it. I need to go back to doing that - it is very calming and satisfying!

Postby Richard Briggs » Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:20 am

It's addictive! I had to force myself to limit my time on SPE some years back.

I remember feeling quite uneasy about applying a 'half extreme' effect to, for example, a nice holiday photo (I stress 'nice') because I was worried I was effectively deleting the original. When I look back at such a photo now, years later, it leaps out. It is truly a work of art and I find I have no regrets about getting rid of the 'nice' version.

I may have said earlier I have three large format, framed photos on our walls and all are there because SPE made them unforgettable (as visitors to the house tell me from time to time).

Richard

Postby One-more-try » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:20 pm

Long time Richard since we communicated. SPE can be addictive, I've got to control myself because I am an experimenter by nature and there is so much that can be done on using this software. As you know I used to love creating effects (in my different guises) and still occasionally submit new effects. But now I just like playing around with existing effects and modifying them to suit my needs. I'll need to get back into using the composite feature which is very strong in terms of creativity. I find the whole process therapeutic, and calming just as Eve said following your comments. I should have replied much earlier, but better late than never, as they say!

Return to Show Us Your Results