How do YOU measure your favourite photos?

A place for anyone to put up any results they have got with the software.
Forum rules
To see all of any picture simply click on it and it will expand. You can upload images using the upload images attachment tab underneath the Submit button when you are creating a post.

How do YOU measure your favourite photos?

Postby Richard Briggs » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:29 am

My measure of a favourite picture I've taken is "would I hang it on my wall?" Often the answer is a clear "no". And then there's only so much wall space anyway. In fact I have a number of photos on our wall (all approved by my wife of course!). But these two were the result of applying effects in SPE. The one of the docks was printed and framed professionally. They hung it on their wall pending me getting there to pick it up. They said they'd had so many people come in wanting to buy it! If he'd been a bit more enterprising we could have done a deal.
Attachments
IMG_3416a.jpg
IMG_3416a.jpg (221.13 KiB) Viewed 1836 times
IMG_3415a.jpg
IMG_3415a.jpg (205.12 KiB) Viewed 1836 times

Re: How do YOU measure your favourite photos?

Postby eadams » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:41 am

These are very nice images, absolutely worthy of being displayed on a wall.

I have to admit that I am not a good photographer, so if I happen to take an image of a scene or landscape that I really like it is pure coincidence. I enjoy applying effects to the good ones, but don't have wall space to hang them.

My absolute favorite photos are all photos of my grandchildren, but it is the facial expressions in the photos that make them my favorites, not the artistic value of the composition or proper use of lighting.

Re: How do YOU measure your favourite photos?

Postby Richard Briggs » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:09 am

I fully agree. And some of my best photos of the grandkids have been taken on, wait for it, my phone. Because it's always with me and enables me to catch those magic moments. For example, the distraught look on my grand daughters face (when she was about 2) when she learnt the hard way that balloons can burst!

Richard

Return to Show Us Your Results