Gentle On My Mind (From Richard)

A place for anyone to put up any results they have got with the software.
Forum rules
To see all of any picture simply click on it and it will expand. You can upload images using the upload images attachment tab underneath the Submit button when you are creating a post.

Gentle On My Mind (From Richard)

Postby Richard Briggs » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:41 am

Here's my first attempt at using Andrews effect...
Attachments
0750 Liverpool 0290.jpg
0750 Liverpool 0290.jpg (396.39 KiB) Viewed 2849 times
0750 Liverpool 0290_pe.jpg
0750 Liverpool 0290_pe.jpg (694.19 KiB) Viewed 2849 times

Re: Gentle On My Mind (From Richard)

Postby eadams » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:59 am

Very nice, Richard! The effect Gentle on my Mind is now one of my very favorite effects, and you chose an image that looks great with it.

Just a reminder to new users: it is possible to edit an existing effect to make it uniquely yours and you can publish the edited effect for your own personal use (select the "Tag for my Use Only" when publishing). The edited effect will be available for you to use but other people will not have access to it. Normally, it is not necessary to create your own unique version of an effect, but it can be fun to do. It does necessitate familiarizing yourself with the effects editor, but there are many tutorials in these forums for people who are interested in how effects work.

In the case of this effect, a colorful image of puzzle shapes is one of the images used to create it. In the following example I replaced that image with one of my own that is also made up of colorful abstract shapes. The result is similar, but not identical to the original. I think the original looks better, so I am showing this for demonstration purposes only.

Image of flowers with original effect Gentle on my Mind:
Gentle on my Mind original.jpg
Gentle on my Mind original.jpg (364.9 KiB) Viewed 2846 times

Image of flowers with edited Gentle on my Mind effect (puzzle texture image replaced by loopy texture image):
Gentle on my mind by Andrew with different texture.jpg
Gentle on my mind by Andrew with different texture.jpg (356.89 KiB) Viewed 2846 times

Postby capspalding » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:41 pm

Two thumbs up.

Postby One-more-try » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:29 pm

Remiss of me Richard - I meant to reply to this post when I saw it some time ago - apologies. Both your submission and Eve's bring great joy to me to see how others use my effects - it means a lot to me to see my effects being used creatively. Like the results very much. Hope you are both well and enjoying life!

Postby Richard Briggs » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:34 pm

Thank you Andrew. I managed to wean myself off SPE a few years ago because it became so addictive. These days I'm a lot more selective about what I do with a photo after post processing (with Photoshop Elements). But, when my wife and I peruse our old photos very often those enhance with SPE (and often your effects) leap out as something different.

Return to Show Us Your Results