Finding my effects

This forum discusses how you can create your own effects
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Finding my effects

Postby jdfeka » Thu May 31, 2012 5:58 am

I've tried creating some effects of my own, and when I finished I published them. One I tagged for my own use and another I think I tagged to be shared.

How do I find these effects again? I've tried searching for the name that I believe I gave to the effect but nothing shows up in either the private or public one. so I don't know if I've missed something in publishing it or if I just don't know how to search for them.

Can you give me a clue?

Site Admin

Re: Finding my effects

Postby admin » Thu May 31, 2012 10:19 am

Hi there,

The effects you publish should appear when you search for the exact name. However, the easiest way to find you effect you have published is go to: File>Settings and turn on "Show latest" under advanced Gallery. Then in the gallery you can click on the "latest" category and see your newly created effects appear first. You will notice that they will have (local) after the name, this means they are your local copies. It takes a few days for other people to see your effects, and it can only happen after they have been sent to the server (which happens automatically when you quit at most once a day).

If you can't see them in latest, let me know and we can find out what is going wrong.

Tony

Postby jdfeka » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:57 am

I've saved and found one effect since I read your response, but the ones I saved previously seem to be lost unless there have been a whole lot of new entries added since them (a couple of days ago) and they have been superseded in their position and have dropped way down on the list.

I've now looked in the user list on this web site and find that the effect I uploaded called "new sky" is listed, but when I type this into my effects search in Smart Photo Editor, it isn't found. How do I find it? Why has it been uploaded but it doesn't show on my local application? I thought this was supposed to show locally first and after some delay it might be available to others, not the other way around.

Jack

Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:37 am

Hi Jack,

Another aspect is that if your effect requires a selection (which I guess "new sky" does), the effect can't be shown until that selection exists (becuase it wouldn't know which pixels to replace with your new sky). If you choose "Select Area", select some sky, then go into the gallery and press latest, I can see your "new sky" effect listed first.

We used to have a system where you could preview effects such as these on an example picture, but people got very confused seeing a gallery with a mixture of different pictures in it!

Tony

Postby jdfeka » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:46 pm

Thanks Tony,

The effect does indeed show up after I select a sky area, and the sky which I had added is applied, which is what I had hoped when saving it.

Jack

Return to Creating Effects