Text

This forum discusses how you can create your own effects
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Text

Postby ColinP » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:31 pm

Can someone explain how to get a few words onto a photograph in white on a dark background

Re: Text

Postby eadams » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:44 am

Are you asking how to add white text to a dark image (like the example on the right) or how to add a dark box containing white text to a bright image (like the example on the left)?

Adding white text to a dark image is simple
1. Load the image you want to add text to
2. Click on the Text button in the Tools bar on the right of your screen
3. Write your text in the Text window that appears. You can choose the font, font size and color in that window.
4. The text will appear in the main window containing your image. You can move or rotate the text.

If instead you want to add a dark box containing text to a light image like in the example on the left, I don't know an easy way to do this. The "add textbox" feature described above doesn't seem to let me choose a background color for the textbox. I would be glad if someone who knows would provide instructions.

You can add a square shape (4 equal sides) to an image to use as a background for the text using the effect editor, but I couldn't figure out how to add a rectangle shape. I'm hoping someone will provide information on how to do that.

Currently, my workaround would be to create an additional image containing only the text on the dark background. Then I would load my main image in SPE and add the text file by clicking on Add Overlay in the File menu and selecting the external image to add.
Butterfly text_pe.jpg
Butterfly text_pe.jpg (112.6 KiB) Viewed 6596 times

Site Admin

Re: Text

Postby admin » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:17 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately there isn't a current way of adding general shapes like rectangles etc in SPE. We deliberately focused our efforts away from drawing tools as there are some very good free tools out there that can do that kind of thing.

Tony

Return to Creating Effects