Question about Multi Color Match Node

This forum discusses how you can create your own effects
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Question about Multi Color Match Node

Postby eadams » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:52 pm

I have noticed that some effects (e.g. Golden Light by Tony) use the Multi Color Match Node with only the Effect Input Node as Input, yet the color of the output image changes. But when I double-click on the Multi Color Match node, I don't see any way to adjust the output color. I only see a Noise Reduction and an Opacity Slider. How is this done?

Site Admin

Re: Question about Multi Color Match Node

Postby admin » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:45 am

Good question!

Multi color match copies colors from one image (the second input) into the first. Because the colors it copies can be stored in a small space (compared to the whole image), when you publish an effect using it, it can automatically remove the second input and just use it's stored colors instead in order to save space. I think you can also try it yourself by using the node then disconnecting the second input.

Tony

Re: Question about Multi Color Match Node

Postby eadams » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:31 pm

Thank you for the quick answer! I have discovered other effects that have only the input and output nodes and still generate effects, and I guess it works the same way.

Return to Creating Effects