stupid contributions

Ask any questions about searching for effects, or any of the other gallery features. Questions about specific effects should go in the Effects forum
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

stupid contributions

Postby camillobb » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:15 pm

How can I delete worthless contributions, espacially those from Andrewb2012?

Re: stupid contributions

Postby eadams » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:56 pm

camillobb wrote:How can I delete worthless contributions, espacially those from Andrewb2012?

There is no easy way to remove contributions that you don't want to have in your Effects Gallery. Use the Favorites function to quickly find the effects you use the most.

Having said that, I ask you to keep in mind that just because you yourself do not have a use for a particular effect doesn't mean the effect is worthless and it may be highly valued by someone else. The usefulness of effects often depends on the style and color scheme of the original image. I originally purchased SPE because I was amazed at how one of andrewb2012's effects transformed my mediocre photo into a fantastic-looking work of art. Andrew's effects are very varied, and I've often challenged myself to find an image that looks great with an unusual effect.

Postby Richard Briggs » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:19 am

Further to that, I myself have also browsed effects and wondered "who on earth would need such an effect?" Then a year later I am browsing effects for an image I have and latch onto the perfect one. Lo and behold it is the one I had written off a year before.

Specifically, it was a series of effects with simple grid lines. Who on earth would want such a thing? OK, try some modern architecture picture you may have such as a futuristic office block. Suddenly these effects come into their own.

Andrewb has been arguably the most prolific and creative of all contributors to the effects galleries and I often find it is his contributions that I find myself using (as in the above example).

Richard

PS: There are some genuinely c^&p effects in the galleries such as those with people's photos in. They really need weeding out.

Postby eadams » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:01 pm

Richard, I have had the same experience when browsing through effects. One example is Andrew's Focal Point 015 effect.

Here is how it looks when browsing with an inappropriate image:

Bad Example of Focal Point 015.jpg
Bad Example of Focal Point 015.jpg (136.84 KiB) Viewed 8755 times

One could very well wonder when this effect could be used.

Browsing the Gallery with an orange flower image, I found that the effect was exactly what I was looking for:

Yellow flower with checked background_pe_pe.jpg
Yellow flower with checked background_pe_pe.jpg (37 KiB) Viewed 8755 times

Postby Richard Briggs » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:22 am

Here's one I was thinking of....
Attachments
IMG_2899aa_pesss.jpg
IMG_2899aa_pesss.jpg (461.77 KiB) Viewed 8752 times

Postby eadams » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:40 am

I agree that the grid effect looks great on the image of the building.

Return to The Gallery Panel