text contributions

Ask any questions about searching for effects, or any of the other gallery features. Questions about specific effects should go in the Effects forum
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

text contributions

Postby Macrotten » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:50 pm

Can someone help... i have typed in text to my photo..when i go to effects gallery i see 4 pages of text effects.. how do i apply them to the text that i have created..?? so there is standard text in the tex contributions highlighting the effect but not sure how i apply the particular effect to my own text..? thanks for any advice.. PS.... Are there any other text fonts avialable.. i am looking for a type of Grunge text font.. ;)

Re: text contributions

Postby Richard Briggs » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:53 am

Hi, I think you have misunderstood what the 'text' effects do.

Firstly, to fonts. On my SPE installation if I select the TEXT button on the right I am given a text box and I enter the required text in the window top left. I have access to all fonts installed on my PC (at least it appears to be - there are hundreds). I can change text size and colour and just about everything that's possible. So if you have a font installed that is 'grungy' it should appear in the drop down list. Note that list has a hard-to-see slider at the right!

But the text effects (if you search in the gallery) are not about changing the text you have entered. They are simply effects with some preset text. I guess they are useful for such things as 'Happy Birthday' or whatever. I was looking at one that simply said 'Shine'. Maybe I'd use that on some appropriate photo.

Richard

Return to The Gallery Panel