Gallery View changed

Ask any questions about searching for effects, or any of the other gallery features. Questions about specific effects should go in the Effects forum
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Gallery View changed

Postby Waholi » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:23 pm

I just upgraded from 1.21 to 1.22.2 When I am in Gallery sometimes the windows are in two columns with six across. Other times it is like the icon for Gallery, four across by three columns. Does this change with the size of the photo?

Site Admin

Re: Gallery View changed

Postby admin » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:50 am

Yes, the gallery changes the grid size in order to give as best view as possible by avoiding having blank space around the edges of the effects. As the new UI has slightly different dimensions, this might mean the gallery has a different grid from before.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby Jimbo01 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:13 pm

I have up graded too and I am not even getting a effects gallery. All I am getting is a line of effects across the centre of the work space and there is no "arrow" to be able to move to the next "page". Also when I select a new image to work on I have lost the buttons on the right of the screen. Favourites, composite etc.

Postby eadams » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:13 pm

Jimbo01 wrote:I have up graded too and I am not even getting a effects gallery. All I am getting is a line of effects across the centre of the work space and there is no "arrow" to be able to move to the next "page". Also when I select a new image to work on I have lost the buttons on the right of the screen. Favourites, composite etc.

Hello Jimbo01, it sounds like you are one of the users who have the problem of the user interface being too big for your screen. The right part of the screen is cut off.

Take a look at this thread: http://photoeditor.anthropics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3339

You will see that the developers are now aware of the problem and recommend installing the previous version if you don't already have it. The new version apparently only has a newer "look" to the user interface, so the old version has the same functionality and you won't miss out on anything.

Site Admin

Postby darrenp » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:16 pm

Hi there,

In case you are still having problems, please try the following releases (depending on which license you have). It respects the Windows scaling factor for your screen so it should look the same in terms of text size, button size, etc as other applications. Here are the links:

Please let me know if this works for you.

Many thanks,

])arren.

Return to The Gallery Panel